Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP) Short Course 100% Scholarships
The Orange Knowledge Programme is a € 195 m Dutch global development and scholarship programme, available in 53 developing countries and managed by Nuffic, a Dutch non-profit organisation that funds education for development. The OKP scholarship is a 100% full scholarship that funds the full tuition fee and associated costs of the Business School Netherlands Masterclass in Food Security and Masterclass in Water Management short programmes.
The full scholarships are awarded in a very competitive selection process to highly motivated professionals who are in a position to apply their newly acquired skills in their organisation and community.
Deadlines – 2022 (As per Nuffic)
- Round 1 – for Masters and Short courses
- Accepting applications between 12 January – 22 March 2022 16.00 CET.
- Confirmed BSN start date for MBA – 08 September 2022, confirmed BSN start date for Masterclasses – 12 October 2022
- ROUND CLOSED
- Round 2 – for Short courses (Masterclass in Food Security or Masterclass in Water Management)
- Accepting applications between 11 May – 28 June 2022 16.00 CET.
- Course start dates: 08 February 2023
- ROUND OPEN
- Round 3 – for Short courses (Masterclass in Food Security or Masterclass in Water Management)
- Accepting applications between 31 August – 11 October 2022 16.00 CET.
- Course start dates to be confirmed
The following countries are eligible to apply in the Nuffic OKP scholarship rounds for 2022:
Bangladesh, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Colombia, Congo (DRC), Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Guatemala, Guinea, Indonesia, Iraq, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Liberia, Mali, Mozambique, Myanmar, Niger, Nigeria, Palestinian Territories, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Suriname, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Vietnam, Yemen and Zambia
Applications for Round 2 Close 28 June 2022
Who can Apply?
- Managers, trainee managers, team leaders, supervisors or owners of small to medium-sized businesses currently in employment. Applicants must be working in a food security/agricultural role to qualify for the Masterclass in Food Security, or a water management role to qualify for the Masterclass in Water Management
- Applicants must be nationals of, and working in one of the designated countries. Preference will be given to applicants who work in one of the focus areas for their country, but applicants from other industries and sectors may also be awarded full scholarships.
- must not be employed by an organisation that has its own means of staff development or training. Organisations that are considered to have their own means for staff development are for example:
- – international NGO’s (e.g. Oxfam, Plan, Care).
- – donor organisations, (e.g. a UN organisation, the World Bank, the IMF, Asian Development Bank, African Development Bank, IADB),
- – bilateral donor organisations (e.g. USAID, DFID, Danida, Sida, Dutch ministry of Foreign affairs, FinAid, AusAid, ADC, SwissAid),
- – large national and/or large commercial organisations,
- – multinational corporations (e.g. Shell, Unilever, Microsoft),
- Applicants must not be currently studying via another scholarship for courses that take place at the same time.
- Applicants must have a government statement that meets the requirements of the country in which the employer is established (if applicable, BSN will provide the template for the government statement).
- Only the individual applicant can apply for funding.
- The training must occur within the context of the organisation within which the applicant is employed.
- The training must be seen to help the organisation in its developmental strategies.
How to apply?
The OKP full scholarships are provided for the Business School Netherlands Masterclass in Food Security OR the Masterclass in Water Management only. The MBA applications have ended after Round 1.
- Step 1: Check that you meet all the admission requirements for the Business School Netherlands Masterclasses in Food Security or Water Management
- Step 2: Check that you meet the requirements of the Orange Knowledge Programme Scholarships (check the “Who can apply?” section for the full list) and fill in the contact request form on the right-hand side of the page.
- Step 3: Complete the Masterclasses application form and all relevant OKP application documents and statements, which BSN will provide for you once you have submitted your enquiry.
- Step 4: Be accepted for one of the Masterclasses, after which you will register on the Nuffic Delta platform with your acceptance letter
The areas of food security, agriculture and water management are considered priority areas for the Orange Knowledge Programme Scholarships.
Masterclass in Food Security
The Food Security Masterclass will be delivered in co-operation with Agribusiness Academy. The Masterclass focuses on the 21st-century food ecosystem and the challenges it is facing because of changing supply and demand dynamics. Students will also learn how to adapt a business model to the increased trends in digitisation.
Masterclass in Water Management
This Masterclass will provide you with a general introduction to the topic of water management. The Masterclass focuses predominantly on the management of the provision of drinking water and water for the purposes of agriculture and urban development.