Entrepreneurship for Women in Agribusiness
Build Your Agribusiness with a Mentorship Training Programme For Women.
Who it's for
How to apply
Launch and expand your agribusiness idea or company
The Certificate in Entrepreneurship for Women in Agribusiness is a fully supported online course to support you as a female farmer, entrepreneur, and/or professional in launching and expanding your agribusiness idea or company.
It is offered in partnership between Business School Netherlands and The Institute of Food and Agribusiness Leadership (IFAL), powered through the Agribusiness Academy digital student platform.
Features of the Certificate in Entrepreneurship for Women in Agribusiness
- Taught in English
- 6 Months
- Weekly online interactive sessions
- 10 Modules
- Gain valuable management and Agritech skills
- Part-time and online studying with a flexible timetable
What makes this course unique?
The Certificate in Entrepreneurship for Women in Agribusiness is a unique course that provides you with a safe and supportive space to share your stories, ideas, and challenges with a group of fellow women who face similar situations and environments.
How does it work?
The Certificate in Entrepreneurship for Women in Agribusiness is delivered online over a 26 week period with regular, but optional group coaching sessions. Students will have access to the Agribusiness Academy companion app and Q & A workshops to support their studies.
Coaching sessions are included but are not compulsory. You can choose to attend as much or as little coaching as you feel you’ll need.
Recommended study time per week is 4-6 hours
What you will learn
It is a 26-week course designed as a community learning programme where you’ll learn how to make your agribusiness more profitable and you’ll also interact and share ideas with other female entrepreneurs.
There will be regular online sessions to discuss ideas, refine your business model and work through challenges that women often face.
You’ll cover many important topics such as:
- Designing and Implementing Your Business Model
- Minimising Wastage and Improving Your Business’ Sustainability
- Modernising Your Business Through Data Monitoring and Agritech
- Building Profitable and Sustainable Distribution Strategies and Facing Your Strategic Issues
- Improving the Profitability of Your Business
- Sourcing Produce and Materials
- Learn How To Improve from Case Studies and mor
- Analysis of the Design of Food Designs
- How to Build a Circular Food Chains: The Case of NoFood Wasted
- Recall Management in Food Supply Chains
- Big Data Applications in Cold Chain Logistics
- Value Chain Design Workshop
- Path to Profitability Exercise
- Innovations in Horticulture Supply Chains
- How to Create Sustainable Businesses out of Food Losses and Waste
- Strategic Sourcing in the Food Industry
- Creating Value out of Food Losses and Waste
- Agribusiness and Food Sustainability Trends
- The Case of NatureBox
- The Case of Cropin
- Beyond Big Data: The Case of Digital Agriculture
- Dynamics of Digital Agriculture
- Agrifood Tech Business Model Design
- Blockchain in Agrifood – The Case of SIM: Supply Chain Information Management
- Value Proposition Insights and Cases
- Distribution Strategy Insights
- Chain Partnership Frameworks and Insights
- Sustainability Elements, Insights and Cases
Students will have access to the Agribusiness Academy learning companion app which gives direct access to facilitators, the peer groups, as well as bonus customised learning content.
Each applicant must meet the following admission requirements for this programme:
- A background in Agribusiness or food security would be advantageous.
- Reliable internet and email access
- Admissions are strictly reserved for female applicants
- We strongly recommend completing the Food and Agriculture Business Models course before continuing with a BSN-Agribusiness Academy programme
- Once off: US$ 999
- Two Terms: 2 x US$ 500
- Four Terms: 4 x US$ 262
Start your application
Have you found the perfect programme with us? Awesome! Start your application
Step 1 (optional) : Schedule a personal consultation
During a personal consultation you will receive a detailed explanation of the programme and will have the opportunity to ask all your questions. In addition, our advisor will work with you to see whether this programme is in line with your work, ambitions and curriculum and whether you qualify for exemptions.
Step 2: Fill out the online application form
It’s important to fill out the application correctly and attach all the supporting documents requested. As soon as we receive your application, you will be sent an email with instructions of your next steps.
17 June 2024
14 October 2024
The Leadership Programme has exceeded my expectations; you have definitely scored a 9 out of 10! Initially, I thought I would primarily receive many examples and perhaps gain different insights through the group with which I undertook the course. I had noticed that you work in a practical and Action Learning-oriented manner, but it surprised me that it's much more human-centered and holistic than I could have ever dreamed.
Request your Certificate in Entrepreneurship for Women in Agribusiness brochure
Would you like to learn more about this programme? Please fill in your details and receive the brochure via email, completely free and with no obligation.
"*" indicates required fields
BSN develops great leaders who
Our lecturers have earned their stripes extensively in the field. In addition to their field experience, they also have a good understanding of business models and strategies, making them uniquely capable of bridging the gap between strategy and practice.
Dr. Vijayender Nalla
Dr. David Hughes
We have listed frequently-asked questions for you. Is your question not listed? Get in touch!
This course is conducted online over a span of 26 weeks, divided into 10 modules. It features weekly interactive online sessions to facilitate discussions, refine business models, and address challenges faced by women entrepreneurs. While the recommended study time per week is 4-6 hours, you have the flexibility to manage your time as per your schedule. The course is designed to accommodate part-time and online studying.
The Certificate in Entrepreneurship for Women in Agribusiness offers a unique learning experience by providing a safe and supportive environment for female entrepreneurs to share their stories, ideas, and challenges with a community of like-minded women. The course includes optional coaching sessions that allow you to tailor your learning experience according to your needs. The emphasis on peer support, along with access to the Agribusiness Academy learning companion app and Q&A workshops, further enhances the quality of your studies.
The Certificate in Agribusiness Entrepreneurship course is offered in collaboration between Business School Netherlands and The Institute of Food and Agribusiness Leadership (IFAL). This partnership leverages the expertise of both institutions and is powered through the Agribusiness Academy digital student platform. This ensures that you receive a comprehensive and industry-relevant learning experience that combines business acumen with practical knowledge specific to the food security and agriculture industries.