This programme is designed for professionals who want to tackle water related challenges by crafting solutions with respect for natural water cycles, that meet the demands of society and are implementable in today’s multi-level governance systems.
Who it's for
How to Apply
Navigating complexity and creating sustainable solutions
The Masterclass in Water Management is a programme designed for water professionals that want to operate more effectively in complex planning, policy and decision making processes that they are dealing with. Professionals who want to tackle water related challenges by crafting solutions with respect for natural water cycles, meet the demands of society and are implementable in today’s multi-level governance systems.
As part of this Masterclass, you will engage with crucial water management related issues and learn how to implement effective decisions with input from many different stakeholders.
This Masterclass carries credits towards the Online Action Learning MBA or International Action Learning MBA with a major in Water Management
The Masterclass in Water Management covers the following topics:
- Introduction to the world of water management.
- Integrated water resource management.
- Global and regional approaches to water management.
- Financial planning and management of limited resources.
- Influence water demand, usage and conservation (sustainable environment).
- Asset management.
Additional Features of the Masterclass in Water Management
- Taught in English
- Practical approach
- Close collaboration with fellow students
- Maximum 18 participants per group to ensure personal attention
General Introduction and the Global Picture
- An overview of world water resources.
- Overview of the stakeholders and challenges the industry faces.
- Exploring Sustainable Development Goals especially in terms of water.
- Supply and demand considerations.
From a Global to a more Regional and Local Perspective
- Understanding the challenges facing urban, semi-urban and rural consumers of water.
- Impact of climate change on water stakeholders.
- Learning how to select the appropriate technology for your approach.
Daily Practice: Asset Management, Planning and Institutional Development
- Reducing water loss and increasing system efficiency.
Finance, Communications and Collaboration
- Generating sufficient revenue to sustain operations.
Integration: Case-pitches of Group Work, Experts’ Panel Feedback
- Learning how to design the system to provide a sustained level of service at the lowest life cycle cost.
- This module is designed to be open and flexible to allow for the opportunity to focus on your unique challenges and opportunities in your region or field of expertise.
Designed for ambitious leaders at various management levels
As an ambitious Masterclass student, you:
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- Currently are employed as a manager, management trainee, supervisor, owner or you hold a similar managerial position in an organisation dealing with food security or supporting industries.
- Have at least two years of relevant professional work experience.
- Have a good command of the English language in order to take part in English medium academic programmes.
If you fail to meet any of the aforementioned criteria but feel you still should be considered for enrolment, please contact us. Under certain circumstances, exceptions can be made.
- EUR 1000 once off
- EUR 525 x 2 terms
- Study material (articles and abstracts)
Start your application
Have you found the perfect programme with us? Awesome! Start your application.
Step 1 (optional) : Schedule a personal consultation
During a personal consultation you will receive a detailed explanation of the programme and will have the opportunity to ask all your questions. In addition, our advisor will work with you to see whether this programme is in line with your work, ambitions and curriculum and whether you qualify for exemptions.
Step 2: Fill out the online application form
It’s important to fill out the application correctly and attach all the supporting documents requested. As soon as we receive your application, you will be sent an email with instructions of your next steps.
Step 3: Permission from your employer
In addition to these admission requirements, it is important that you have the opportunity to carry out projects and research in your own and/or another organisation. You therefore need permission from your employer/client. If you do not have an organisation where you can carry out your projects, we have an (inter)national Alumni network, including the alumni association Tractus. Many of these alumni offer our students the opportunity to carry out projects with them. Do you want more information? Ask our study advisors.
A change process in an organization requires awareness of the leadership style being used and calls for demonstrating leadership. This masterclass provides tools for this purpose.
Request your Masterclass in Water Management Brochure
Would you like to learn more about this programme? Please fill in your details and receive the brochure via email, completely free and with no obligation
"*" indicates required fields
BSN develops great leaders who
Meet your tutors
Our tutors have earned their stripes extensively in the field. In addition to their field experience, they also have a good understanding of business models and strategies, making them uniquely capable of bridging the gap between strategy and practice.
Paul van Koppen
Frequently asked questions
We have compiled frequently asked questions for you. If your question is not listed, please get in touch with us.
After attending the class sessions, you will receive a certificate of participation.
In addition to attending the class sessions, you will also have the opportunity to solidify the knowledge by applying it in a Personal Effectiveness Paper (PEP). In this paper, you will further develop your vision on a specific topic to make it applicable. The topic must fall within the scope of the masterclass. Business School Netherlands will evaluate the PEP.
Upon achieving satisfactory results, you will receive a certificate for successfully completing the masterclass.
Moreover, MBA students can integrate the masterclass into their programme by incorporating the topic into their dissertation, for example, as a chapter. If you have written a PEP and included the additional focus in the dissertation, you will qualify for a major. This major will be mentioned on your diploma and transcript with a weight of 2.5EC. You will then graduate with 67.5EC instead of 65EC.
As in all our courses, we also establish a direct connection to your own practice during the masterclass. The lessons are interactive, allowing you to scrutinise yourself and your organisation further. Therefore, we expect an open and proactive attitude from all participants.
Typically, once a year, in the spring. If there is sufficient interest, we will schedule an additional group in the autumn.