Master of Science in Finance
In Organisational Collaboration with Cambridge College GLOBAL
Gain a comprehensive grasp of financial theory and practice with our exclusive MSF programme, focused on financial models, markets, and investment strategies, empowering your success in the dynamic financial services industry.
Who it's for
How to Apply
Focussing on financial models, financial markets and investment strategies
The Master of Science in Finance (MSF) degree is designed to provide a comprehensive, contemporary perspective on financial theory and practice. Compared to an MBA, this online master’s degree in finance provides an exclusive focus on financial models, financial markets and investment strategies. The course curriculum along with the knowledge and skills acquired while obtaining the MSF degree offers excellent preparation for an individual to pursue entry or advancement in the financial services industry.
This accelerated, graduate-level online business degree programme requires 10 courses and can be completed within 15 months of continuous enrollment.
What You Will Learn in the Online Master of Science in Finance
MSF students will be able to make sound managerial financial decisions by:
- Analysing financial data and market research information to conduct analyses for sound investment decisions and portfolio management.
- Utilising financial concepts and analytical tools to make financial decisions in managerial finance and investment management.
- Devising effective financial plans and risk management strategies.
- Applying theoretical constructs and quantitative tools to devise financial models to address corporate finance challenges.
- Evaluating issues in financial ethics and compliance to support ethical practices.
- Strategising and proposing comprehensive financial plans and investment policies to maximise shareholders’ value in the current global environment.
Features of the Master of Science in Finance
- 100 % online with full online support from Cambridge College Global
- Pure finance focus and curriculum
- 10 – 12 Modules
- Project-based learning with real-world case studies
- Easy to use student platform with full support
- Real world faculty and lecturers
MSF Programme Prerequisite Modules
- Corporate Finance
- Strategic Leadership and Management
- Managerial Accounting
- Financial Markets
- Investment Management
- Global Currency Management
- Insurance and Risk Management
- International Finance
- Managerial Finance
- Financial Ethics and Compliance
- Finance Capstone
As a final deliverable, all MSF students will construct a comprehensive financial analysis and investment analysis report on par with those found in the financial press.
Throughout this programme, team building, cross-sector learning and professional networking are encouraged through small, online classes. Your fellow students may include finance professionals such as treasurers, fraud analysts, underwriters, financial analysts, tax specialists, bank presidents and portfolio managers—to name a few.
Exemptions may be given for prerequisite modules based on modules completed in undergraduate programmes if applicable. A grade of C (2.0) must be achieved in each prerequisite module.
Accreditations and Awards
- Accredited in the USA (Boston, Massachusetts) by NEASC (New England Association of School and Colleges)
- Award-winning distance learning programme (USDLA – US Distance Learning Association)
All applicants must meet the following admission requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college with a 2.70 GPA (if US-based) OR equivalent foreign accredited qualification
- 1 or 2 page motivational essay explaining how the MSF will aid you in your professional development and goals
- CV/Resume (if applicable)
- Access to internet and email
- If English is not your first language, then you would need to demonstrate English capability through any of the following tests:
- Duolingo English Test (DET): 47 or higher
- Official TOEFL score: 79 internet-based (iBT); 213 computer-based (CBT), 550 paper-based (PBT)
- Official IELTS score: 6.0 or higher
- Every applicant must have their official academic transcripts evaluated for equivalency to the US system. BSN recommends World Education Services
Full programme fee:
Citizens from developing countries are eligible for scholarships of up to 80 %. Please submit your pre-registration form to receive more information about the programme and fee structure.
Start your application
Have you found the perfect programme with us? Awesome! Start your application.
Step 1 : Submit the pre-application form to BSN
Submit your details and documents for pre-screening and to receive more information about the programme and fee structure.
Step 2: Fill out the online application form for our partner (Cambridge College GLOBAL)
After approval you will receive the application link for online registration with CCG. It’s important to fill out the form correctly and attach all the supporting documents requested.
14 October 2024
What others say about BSN
Business School Netherlands has been instrumental in shaping me into a proficient problem solver and pragmatic entrepreneur.
Fasili Masalu Boniphace
I highly recommend this MBA for both personal and organisational growth, as it was a win-win for both myself and the company I worked for.
The knowledge gained on various business aspects has enriched my overall expertise and position as an HR Manager.
The Masterclass from Business School Netherlands has given me confidence and direction in terms of strategy, power and leadership.
Machteld Diks v/d Hoogenhoff
I chose BSN's MBA because it's not only theoretical but also directly applicable to the projects you undertake within your own organisation.
This MBA equipped me with problem-solving skills, comprehensive business knowledge, and the ability to apply it; all of which remains relevant after many years.
The most significant advantage was the opportunity to work on real challenges presented by my employer.
The MBA lesson on Action Learning is an interactive session where you receive immediately applicable tools and guidance!
BSN develops great leaders who
Our tutors have earned their stripes extensively in the field. In addition to their field experience, they also have a good understanding of business models and strategies, making them uniquely capable of bridging the gap between strategy and practice.
Isolde Kolkhuis Tanke
With Action Learning, I am able to ask better questions that help me delve into the root causes of a problem and uncover the true issue at hand.
Request your MSF Brochure
Would you like to learn more about this programme? Please fill out the form beloa to receive the brochure via email. It's completely free of charge and obligation-free.
"*" indicates required fields
Frequently Asked Questions
We have compiled frequently asked questions for you. If your question is not listed, please get in touch with us.
The MSF programme focuses primarily on financial models, markets, investment, and analytical strategies, providing specialized expertise in finance, while an MBA covers a broader range of business disciplines.
The MSF degree programme is delivered through an online, virtual-class environment, with face-to-face video calls and access to a 24/7 online student portal. Students have full support from academic tutors, plagiarism and spell-checking software, and access to Microsoft Office applications.
Yes, Cambridge College Global and BSN offer partial scholarships for eligible applicants from Africa and certain developing regions. For more information, please inquire with us directly.
Cambridge College Global is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (USA), ensuring the programme’s quality and recognition.
Graduates of the MSF programme can pursue various roles in the finance sector, including financial analyst, financial planner, CFO, stock trader, investment advisor, director of finance, portfolio manager, bond trader, and more.
The MSF programme equips students with the necessary knowledge and skills to strategize and implement effective financial plans and investment policies in the current global financial landscape.