MBA ProgrammesAction Learning: learn to act, act to learn
International Action Learning MBA
Real-time, real life, project-based.
Our English languaged MBA programme attracts managers and business leaders from various continents. This MBA for executives is the perfect educational training programme for the busy professional where relevance, excellence and flexibility are key criteria.
A blended learning programme, combining virtual classes (online) and residential conferences in the Netherlands.
Characteristics International Action Learning MBA
- English programme
- The unique Action Learning methodology
- Focus 100% on real-time topics of relevance to you or your organisation
- Renowned international faculty from different branches
- Inspired by international and valued peers from various business backgrounds
- Maximum 25 participants per group
- Two conference weeks in the Netherlands
- Coaching, in small groups and individually
- Part-time and online studying
- No conventional examinations
What are the benefits?
- Accredited MBA degree by the NVAO and ACBSP
- New and improved personal leadership skills
- Knowledge and hands-on skills to meet existing and future organisational and personal challenges
- The direct result on your project and organisation (high ROI)
- Learn how to benefit from other disciplines and industries and apply gained insights to your personal work environment
- Broaden and deepen your internal and external network
We are looking for you, if you want to…
- Strengthen your effectiveness as a manager
- Develop from specialised professional to General Manager
- Build a theoretical foundation
- Become a better discussion partner in the board or management team
- Acquire knowledge of new concepts and insights in managing and organising
- Be able to provide broader advice at a strategic level
- Increase your own distinctive character
- Continue to develop yourself
Why choose BSN?
- One of the oldest and largest business schools in The Netherlands
- Active for more than 30 years in developing and offering MBA and DBA programmes
- Thousands of Action Learning Projects have been implemented worldwide
- A worldwide dynamic alumni network
- Experienced coaches and tutors from various industries
- The applicant:
- holds (an equivalent of) a Bachelor’s degree or higher,
- is a manager or management trainee,
- has a minimum of 2 years appropriate and relevant post graduate work experience,
- has approval from his/her organisation to do research and execute practical assignments within their work environment,
- has internet and e-mail access and
- should the applicant’s mother tongue not be English he/she will require a TOEFL or IELTS language test. The minimum pass mark for TOEFL is 550 (paper); 213 (computer) or 79/80 (internet based) and IELTS 6.
- In addition to 1a.: Mature and experienced applicants who do not hold such a degree, may also be considered. The guideline here is a minimum of 7 years demonstrable, appropriate and relevant postgraduate work experience.
- In addition to 1b: Applicants who are not in a formal management position but to whose professional development the learning programme will significantly contribute, may also be considered. This would apply to professionals who operate at post graduate level but are not necessarily (continuously) involved in management of people or a department. For instance; policy officers, accountants, consultants etc.
- Based on a thorough verifi cation of submitted documents in respect to the above and, if deemed necessary, a personal interview, BSN will determine the applicant’s aptitude to participate in an Action Learning MBA programme.
|MBA Phase||Phase I||Phase II||Phase III|
|Duration||2 Months||16 Months||6 Months|
|Type of Assignment||Organisational Analysis and Action Learning Literature Review||Action Learning Projects and Exams||Dissertation, Viva Voce, EAML and Graduation|
Skill Phase 1 (2 months)
Here we lay the theoretical foundation upon which your future study will be based; this creates a common conceptual framework for the whole set whilst you follow the International Action Learning MBA. You will write an Organisational Analysis of your company as well as an Action Learning Literature Review. This is based upon your current leadership skills and competencies, and you will be encouraged throughout the programme to consider areas for development.
Practice Phase 2 (16 months):
7 Core Courses, 4 Action Learning Projects (ALPs), including 1 Group International Management ALP and 2 trips to the Netherlands. The seven core courses offered in the second Phase of the programme are:
- Human Resource Management
- Marketing Management
- Operations Management
- Financial Management
- Information Management
- Strategic Management
- International Management
Graduation Phase 3 (6 months):
- Research Methodology
- Dissertation Support
- Evaluation of Managerial Learning (EAML)
When enrolling, you are able to apply for a Major, if you meet the entry requirements. In order to qualify for the Major endorsement on the MBA degree, the following conditions apply:
- Attended the respective Masterclass, i.e. Food Security, Water Management, etc;
- Passed the assignment ‘Personal Effectiveness Paper’ related to the respective Masterclass;
- Incorporated the Major subject as the leading theme of ALP 1, 2, 3 as well as the Dissertation;
- If applicable, is active in the respective field of business. In addition to the 9-day conferences, depending on the Major selected (Food Security, Water Management or Project Management & Control), an additional four to six days of mandatory Masterclass attendance of the selected Major will be required
Online and two conference weeks in the Netherlands
9 September 2019
10 February 2020
The application will close when the maximum number of 25 students has been reached.
We followed Laurie Meiring MBA during his MBA study:
Read the interview we had with Laurie after completing his first conference week
Word of advice from Laurie: ‘The programme is demanding, daunting and incredibly challenging… but you can do it!’.Laurie Meiring