MBA ProgrammesAction Learning: learn to act, act to learn
International Action Learning MBA
Real-time, Real-life, Project-based. Triple Accredited European MBA
BSN’s MBA programme teaches you a different way of management thinking and problem-solving through Action Learning. All our MBA projects and assignments are based on actual problems in your organisation. By undertaking these projects, you will make a significant impact in your organisation and deliver measurable value to your employer.
The BSN MBA is a challenging programme that will make you re-think how you approach problems in your organisation. Do you solve symptoms, or are you finding out what the real causes are? Can you reduce the complexity of the problem into a single statement? Do you really know how to ask analytical questions and approach the problem from every angle? The International Action Learning MBA teaches you all these skills and helps you understand where you need to improve in your decision making and leadership strategies.
The programme takes place part-time and online over 24 months. You will also attend two MBA residential conferences and workshop weeks at our campus in the Netherlands. This gives you the opportunity to refine your management skills, meet the professors, and share knowledge with managers and professionals from other parts of the world.
Accreditation and Awards
Business School Netherlands and the International Action Learning MBA is accredited by 3 prestigious international accreditation bodies:
Accreditation Council For Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP – United States of America)
eduQua (Switzerland – Europe)
Association for Transnational Higher Education Accreditation (ATHEA – Austria – Europe)
Voted a Tier One MBA in the CEO Magazine 2021 Global MBA Rankings
Join a Global Alumni Network
Business School Netherlands has been educating managers and professionals since 1988 and has built up an alumni network of over 15 000 students from many countries. Our alumni can be found in major international corporations, governments, non-profit organizations, and small family businesses. Action Learning allows our students to make real connections and share solutions with each other during, and even long after their studies have finished.
Fee Structure and Scholarships
Business School Netherlands is committed to providing affordable, quality education to managers and professionals around the world, which is why the International Action Learning MBA also falls under the BSN partial scholarship funding scheme.
More information on the fee structure can be requested via the Brochure Request button on the right.
Please see the table below for General Information, Admission Requirements, Programme Structure and Fees & Start Dates
Features of the International Action Learning MBA (CROHO-register 70053) at BSN
- Taught in English
- Teaches you the unique Action Learning methodology
- Projects are based on real challenges and opportunities in your organisation
- Maximum of 25 students per group
- Two conference weeks in the Netherlands
- Part-time and online studying with a flexible timetable
- No conventional examinations
Accreditation and Industry Recognition
- Accredited by ACBSP , ATHEA and the NVAO
- Voted a Tier One MBA in the CEO Magazine Global MBA Rankings
Why Choose BSN?
- One of the most recognised business schools in The Netherlands
- Active for more than 30 years in developing and offering MBA programmes
- Programmes that actually change your management thinking
- Join a global network of dynamic alumni
- Learn from experienced coaches and tutors from various industries and backgrounds
- holds a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) or higher,
- is a manager, management trainee, supervisor or team leader
- has a minimum of 2 years appropriate and relevant post graduate work experience,
- has approval from his/her organisation to do research and practical projects within their work environment,
- has internet and e-mail access and
- should the applicant’s mother tongue not be English he/she will require a TOEFL or IELTS language test. The minimum pass mark for TOEFL is 550 (paper); 213 (computer) or 79/80 (internet based) and IELTS 6. Applicants who have completed their Bachelor’s degrees in English are exempt from this requirement.
- In addition to a: Mature and experienced applicants who do not hold such a degree, may also be considered. The guideline here is a minimum of 7 years demonstrable, appropriate and relevant postgraduate work experience.
- In addition to b: Applicants who are not in a formal management position but to whose professional development the learning programme will significantly contribute, may also be considered. This would apply to professionals who operate at post graduate level but are not necessarily (continuously) involved in management of people or a department. For instance; policy officers, accountants, consultants etc.
- Based on a thorough verification of submitted documents in respect to the above and, if deemed necessary, a personal interview, BSN will determine the applicant’s aptitude to participate in an Action Learning MBA programme.
|MBA Phase||Phase I||Phase II||Phase III|
|Duration||2 Months||16 Months||6 Months|
|Type of Assignment||Organisational Analysis and Action Learning Literature Review||Action Learning Projects and Exams||Dissertation, Viva Voce, EAML and Graduation|
Skill Phase 1 (2 months)
Here we lay the theoretical foundation upon which your future study will be based; this creates a common conceptual framework for the whole set whilst you follow the International Action Learning MBA. You will write an Organisational Analysis of your company as well as an Action Learning Literature Review. This is based upon your current leadership skills and competencies, and you will be encouraged throughout the programme to consider areas for development.
Practice Phase 2 (16 months):
7 Core Courses, 4 Action Learning Projects (ALPs), including 1 Group International Management ALP and 2 trips to the Netherlands. The seven core courses offered in the second Phase of the programme are:
- Human Resource Management
- Marketing Management
- Operations Management
- Financial Management
- Information Management
- Strategic Management
- International Management
Graduation Phase 3 (6 months):
- Research Methodology
- Dissertation Support
- Evaluation of Managerial Learning (EAML)
When enrolling, you are able to apply for a Major, if you meet the entry requirements. In order to qualify for the Major endorsement on the MBA degree, the following conditions apply:
- Attended the respective Masterclass, i.e. Food Security, Water Management, etc;
- Passed the assignment ‘Personal Effectiveness Paper’ related to the respective Masterclass;
- Incorporated the Major subject as the leading theme of ALP 1, 2, 3 as well as the Dissertation;
- If applicable, is active in the respective field of business. In addition to the 9-day conferences, depending on the Major selected (Food Security, Water Management or Project Management & Control), an additional four to six days of mandatory Masterclass attendance of the selected Major will be required
Online and two conference weeks in the Netherlands
Start date 2021
08 September 2021
Maximum of 25 students per intake
Full Course Fee
EUR 16,500 : 40% Partial Scholarship total tuition fee for students from Africa and the Caribbean
For more information on the BSN Partial Scholarships, please click HERE
We followed Laurie Meiring MBA during his MBA study:
Read the interview we had with Laurie after completing his first conference week