MBA PROGRAMMESAction Learning: learn to act, act to learn
Action Learning MBA Core Modules
Business School Netherlands offers core modules of the International Action Learning MBA as individual courses for managers and team leaders who wish to upgrade their managerial and leadership skills in specific focus areas of their organisation.
A core module course from Business School Netherlands is ideal for those wishing to pursue possible MBA studies in the future, or who are only interested in specific Master’s level focus areas such as financial management, marketing or strategic leadership etc.
Our Action Learning approach in each module will enable professionals to apply innovative management thinking to challenges and issues in their companies and departments.
Core Modules Available:
- Financial Management
- Strategic Management
- Marketing Management
Features of the Action Learning Core Modules (CROHO-register 70053) at BSN
- Taught in English
- Teaches you the unique Action Learning methodology
- Projects are based on real challenges and opportunities in your organisation and department
- Maximum of 25 students per group
- Part-time and online studying with a flexible timetable
- No conventional examinations
Accreditation and Industry Recognition
- holds a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) or higher,
- is a manager, management trainee, supervisor or team leader
- has a minimum of 2 years appropriate and relevant post graduate work experience,
- has approval from his/her organisation to do research and practical projects within their work environment,
- has internet and e-mail access and
- should the applicant’s mother tongue not be English he/she will require a TOEFL or IELTS language test. The minimum pass mark for TOEFL is 550 (paper); 213 (computer) or 79/80 (internet based) and IELTS 6. Applicants who have completed their Bachelor’s degrees in English are exempt from this requirement.
- In addition to a: Mature and experienced applicants who do not hold such a degree, may also be considered. The guideline here is a minimum of 7 years demonstrable, appropriate and relevant postgraduate work experience.
- In addition to b: Applicants who are not in a formal management position but to whose professional development the learning programme will significantly contribute, may also be considered. This would apply to professionals who operate at post graduate level but are not necessarily (continuously) involved in management of people or a department. For instance; policy officers, accountants, consultants etc.
- Based on a thorough verification of submitted documents in respect to the above and, if deemed necessary, a personal interview, BSN will determine the applicant’s aptitude to participate in an Action Learning MBA programme.
Each module is a total of 3 months, with up to a maximum of 12 months to complete the programme.
Business School Netherlands currently offers 3 core MBA module programmes:
The core module in Financial Management covers all the required skills a general manager needs to properly coordinate and cooperate with the financial department. This module focuses on financial management principles and skills for the non-financial manager. The following are the major topics covered in the Financial Management module:
- Workshop 1 – Overview of Financial Management and Performance
- Workshop 2 – Costing Structures and Management
- Workshop 3 – Financial Planning and Control
- Workshop 4 – Working Capital Management
- Workshop 5 – Investment Policy and Financing Decisions
- Workshop 6 – Mergers, Acquisitions and Divestitures
- Workshop 7 – Special Topics in Finance
The core module in Strategic Management focuses on critical topics in upper-level management such as managing the impact of digitisation, economic forces, adapting business models and various other areas.
The following are the major topics covered in the Strategic Management module:
- Workshop 1 – From Industrial Economy Strategy to Digital Economy Strategy: Forces,Impacts and Shifts
- Workshop 2 – Strategy Mind-sets in the Digital Economy: From Competitive Advantage in Industries to Business Platform Advantage in Ecosystems
- Workshop 3 – Strategic Leadership in Co-Shaping Business Ecosystems
- Workshop 4 – Digital Platform Strategy Options: From Traditional Business Model Options to Business Platform Options
- Workshop 5 – Digital Strategy Roadmaps and Organisational Capabilities
- Workshop 6 – Reframing Strategic Leadership in the Digital Economy
- Workshop 7 – Key Issues in Implementing Digital Strategies: Purpose, Trust, Ethics, Security, Jobs & Human-Machine Talent in Creating, Delivering & Capturing New Value
The core module in Marketing Management is suited for professionals who work in the marketing sphere or who are interested in gaining an understanding of and the skills to manage the impact of the new digital marketplace on brands, consumer behaviour, strategy and ethics.
The following are the major topics covered in the Marketing Management module:
- Workshop 1 – Disruptive changes in marketing in the Digital Age
- Workshop 2 – The Changing Consumer and Consumer Engagement
- Workshop 3 – Marketing Strategy in a Digital World
- Workshop 4 – Branding in a Digital World
- Workshop 5 – Ethics and Ethical Marketing
- Workshop 6 – Marketing Leadership and Organisational Capabilities in the Digital Age
3 Months (maximum of 12 months to complete the programme)
Start Dates 2020
Please note that each module has various intake periods throughout the year. BSN reserves the right to make more start dates available based on demand.
Full Module Course Fee (per module registered for)
EUR 1950 (VAT exempt)
50% Scholarships are available for students from Africa and the Caribbean.
– Online sessions
– 1 Action Learning Project
Students will receive a total of 7 credits towards the International Action Learning MBA or Online Action Learning MBA for the completion of a core module programme
5 Credits : Action Learning Projects
2 Credits: Q & A Assessment
A Business School Netherlands accredited certificate is awarded upon successful completion of a core module programme.
Credits are valid for a period of 5 years after completion of the core module programme.