EXECUTIVE PROGRAMMESAction Learning: learn to act, act to learn
Sustainable Food Supply Chains Programme
Designed for purposeful professionals in the food and agribusiness sector
The Institute of Food and Agribusiness Leadership and Business School Netherlands are offering this comprehensive 10-month executive agribusiness programme for professionals and leaders with a keen interest to solve supply chain sustainability challenges.
With this programme, you can earn 7.5 ECTS (European Credit Transfer System) credits and take on a broad curriculum including:
- Designing a disruptive value proposition
- Developing chain partnerships that work
- Incorporating sustainability into products and business models
- Creating distribution strategies for the digital age
This Certificate effectively combines Learning, Coaching, and Community in its delivery and outcomes. This is combined with an online learning curriculum and live interactive sessions every week.
Features of the Sustainable Food Supply Chains Programme
- Taught in English
- Online group sessions take place twice weekly
- Receive regular updates and insights from the sector
- Flexible timetable
- Develop a system-level understanding of the supply-demand dynamics of the food and agribusiness supply chains
- An understanding of the technology, process, and other innovations that enable businesses to build sustainable supply chains
- A good understanding of the global, environmental, social, and ethical developments, dilemmas, and challenges affecting the development of the food & agribusiness sectors
- Be able to effectively contribute to sustainable food supply chains within the 3P (People, Planet and Profit) framework and inspire others in their working environment and professional networks to do the same
Each applicant must meet the following admission requirements for this Programme:
- Hold a Bachelors Degree (or equivalent)
- Have a minimum of 3 years experience in the Agribusiness or Food Security Sectors
- Have reliable internet access and email
You will decide upon a practical project during your programme. This project could be related to your professional capacity or entrepreneurial ambitions. Learners will make use of the tools, techniques and conceptual frameworks covered during the learning outcomes.
The recommended learning time per week is 4 – 6 hours
You will work through 5 core modules of the programme:
* Business Model Foundation
* Disruptive Food Value Chains
* AgriFood Tech’s Value to the Food Value Chain
* Food Sustainability and Sustainable Development
* Food Distribution and Retail Developments
You will then choose a module to match your own interests and ambitions:
* Food Loss & Waste
* Sustainable Finance
* Sustainable Sourcing
* Novel Foods and Consumer Preferences
Live sessions will take place at least twice weekly.
In order to be the certification upon the completion of the programme, learners must:
1. Submit a final report addressing different module elements related to their practical project for expert review
2. Each learner will submit his/her Personal Effectiveness Paper (PeP) meeting the Business School Netherlands guidelines
Online courses within the Food and Agribusiness Management program have been developed and taught by experts who are widely-recognized thought leaders, educators, researchers, and entrepreneurs.
Featured Expert Facilitators
Dr. Vijayender Nalla – Program Lead
Vijayender is the founder and managing director of Agribusiness Academy. Agribusiness Academy orchestrates on-demand training and innovation demands of professionals and learners in food and agribusiness. Prior to taking up entrepreneurship in 2009, he worked at Nyenrode Business University, Netherlands, National Institute of Technology, Warangal India, and several other places. Over the course of his entrepreneurial journey, he has worked on several disruptive food chain projects in Europe, Asia, and Africa. Specifically, in the area of food & agribusiness, he has been publishing, training, and coaching on a range of topics that include, building robust food value chains of the future, go-to-market strategies, technology choice strategies, and frameworks for addressing food security. He has a Ph.D. in supply chain management from Nyenrode Business University in the Netherlands.
Connect with Dr Vijayender here
Dr David Hughes
Dr David Hughes is a much sought-after speaker at international conferences and seminars on global food industry issues, particularly consumer and retail trends.
David has lived and worked in Europe, North America, the Caribbean, Africa, and South East Asia and has extensive experience as an international advisory board member with food companies and financial service organisations on three continents.
For 20 years, he was a Non-Executive Director of Berry Gardens Ltd – a U.K. farmer-owned berry fruit business (£230 million turnover in 2015). With his American business partner, David established, grew and sold a branded fresh produce business that served supermarkets in the USA. Around the globe, he works with food and beverage supply chain companies – including farm input, growers, manufacturers and ingredient companies, retailers, and food service firms – to assist them in management training, strategy, and Board level decision-making. David’s views are frequently sought by TV, radio, and the printed press.