Executive ProgrammesAction Learning: learn to act, act to learn
Action Learning Leadership Programme (Online ALLP)
Faster, cost-efficient, big impact, boost your career and organisation
This course is specifically designed to meet the developmental needs of entrepreneurs, managers or management trainees. The online-delivery method aims to meet the needs of managers and leaders from public and private institutions, especially for those working in small and medium-sized organisations, international/national NGOs or government departments.
Participants will focus on improving their decision-making, creativity and other managerial skills, while learning to analyse their own organisations, develop inspiring new insights and finalise a development plan for themselves as well as the organisation.
This programme is also the ideal starting point if you are considering doing a MBA in the future. Students who successfully complete this short programme will receive exemption for Phase 1 of the International Action Learning MBA.
Quick Facts: Online ALLP
- Taught in English
- Delivered online
- Uses the unique Action Learning methodology
- Focus 100% on real-time topics of relevance to you or your organisation
- Renowned international faculty from different branches
- Inspired by international and valued peers from various business backgrounds
- Maximum of 8 participants per group
What are the benefits?
- Gain new and improved personal leadership skills
- Develop the knowledge and hands-on skills to meet existing and future organisational and personal challenges
- Deliverable a measure return on investment on your project
- Learn how to benefit from other disciplines and industries and apply new insights to your personal work environment
- Be able to analyse your organisation and staff
- Broaden and deepen your internal and external network
We are looking for you, if you…
- Are an SME entrepreneur, manager or management trainee
- Want to strengthen your effectiveness as a manager
- Build a theoretical foundation
- Become a better discussion partner in the board or management team
- Acquire knowledge of new concepts and insights in managing and organising
- Be able to provide broader advice at a strategic level
- Develop your own distinctive character and management style
You qualify for the Online ALLP if you:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent diploma certificate
- Have reliable internet access and a personal computer
- Have a minimum of 2 years relevant postgraduate work experience
- If English is not your mother tongue, you will be required to submit a TOEFL or IELTS language test result. The minimum pass mark for TOEFL is 550 (paper); 213 (computer) or 79/80 (internet based) and IELTS 6.0. Applicants who have completed their Bachelor’s degrees or equivalent in English are exempt from this requirement.
The following modules are covered during the Online ALLP:
Module 1: Action Learning and Learning to Learn
Module 2: Management and Leadership
Module 3: Decision-making and Creativity
Module 4: Interpersonal Skills
Module 5: Teams and Team Building
Module 6: Presentation Skills
Module 7: Organisational Culture
Module 8: Organisational Structure
Module 9: Operations Management
Module 10: Human Resources Management
Module 11: Marketing Management
Module 12: Financial Management
Module 13: Information Management
Module 14: Strategic Management
Programme Duration: 6 months
The course is delivered through BSN’s online learning environment. To help you maintain a work-life balance during the course, the content is divided into fourteen manageable modules that you can complete online in your own time at your own pace, keeping in mind the mandatory submission deadlines.
Students will be required to write an Organisational Analysis (OA) of their company and undertake an Action Learning Literature Review (ALLR). This is based upon your current leadership skills and competencies, and you will be encouraged throughout the programme to consider areas for development. Students are encouraged to read all information and modules provided in order to complete their assignments.
No fixed start dates. BSN recommends participants commence the programme in March, May, September or November 2020 in order to participate in shared online discussions with MBA students.
EUR 1,000 (VAT Exempt)
EUR 500 (VAT Exempt) – Partial scholarship fee applicable to applicants from Africa, Asia and the Caribbean
Included: ALLP study materials, online coaching and assessments
Payment options are available. Please contact us for more information
A completed and signed application form should be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the following mandatory supporting documentation:
- a PDF copy of your valid passport
- a PDF copy of your latest curriculum vitae/resume
- a PDF copy of your Bachelor’s degree or equivalent diploma certificate and transcripts
- a copy of your business card
- a TOEFL or IELTS test result (If applicable to you)
Further pricing information is available at email@example.com.
‘An MBA allows people to expand their knowledge on their chosen sector issues. I find this to be crucial, especially in emerging countries.’