EXECUTIVE PROGRAMMESAction Learning: learn to act, act to learn
Executive Mini-MBA in Sustainable Food Supply Chains
Agribusiness Academy and Business School Netherlands are offering the unique 1-year executive Mini-MBA in Sustainable Food Supply Chains. This programme is perfect for Agribusiness and food security professionals with an interest in creating and maintaining sustainable food supply chains in the 21st century.
Students will develop a system level understanding of the supply-demand dynamics of the food and agribusiness supply chains (all the way from agriculture inputs, food production, food processing, through to retail and the consumer)
This programme also teaches students how to identify and adapt to technological, political and distribution challenges in the agribusiness and food security sectors.
Upon completion of this programme, students will be equipped to take on sustainability challenges, and build entrepreneurial or professional careers in Agribusiness.
Features of the Executive Mini-MBA in Sustainable Food Supply Chains
- Taught in English
- Online interactive sessions
- Learn about the latest Food and Agritech innovations
- Part-time and online studying with a flexible timetable
Upon completion of the programme participants will be able to:
- Understand the tools, frameworks and technologies required to create sustainable food supply chains
- Analyse and create value chains in multi-cultural environments
- Contribute to delivering on the 3-Ps (People, Profit, Planet)
Each applicant must meet the following admission requirements for the Executive Mini-MBA:
- Hold a Bachelors Degree (or equivalent)
- Has a minimum of 5 years experience in the Agribusiness or Food Security Sectors
- Has reliable internet access and email
Students will decide upon a practical project during their first month of the programme. This project could be related to their professional capacity or entrepreneurial ambitions. Students will make use of the tools, techniques and conceptual frameworks covered during the learning outcomes.
The recommended learning time per week is 4 – 6 hours
The Executive Mini-MBA in Sustainable Food Supply Chains is covered by 6 Modules:
- Module 1: Circular Food Chains
- Module 2: Food Losses & Waste
- Module 3: Innovations In Food Processing
- Module 4: Food Retail And Consumer-Side Developments
- Module 5: AgTech Advancements
- Module 6: Sustainable Sourcing And Logisitics
Support will be provided via one-on-one mentoring and interactive live sessions. This will take place for 15 hours per month.
The programme contains:
- 6 Online learning modules
- 50 Live expert and group coaching sessions
- One-on-one mentoring sessions
Students will have access to the Agribusiness learning companion app which gives direct access to facilitators, the peer groups, as well as bonus learning content.
In order to be awarded their certification upon the programmes completion, students must:
- Submit a final report addressing different module elements related to their practical project for expert review
- Each learner will submit his/her Personal Effectiveness Paper (PeP) meeting the Business School Netherland guidelines
Scattered start dates are available throughout the year. Please enquire about availability
Online courses within the Food and Agribusiness Management program have been developed and taught by experts who are widely-recognized thought leaders, educators, researchers, and entrepreneurs.
Dr. Vijayender Nalla – Program Lead
Vijayender is the founder and managing director of Agribusiness Academy. Agribusiness Academy orchestrates on-demand training and innovation demands of professionals and students in food and agribusiness. Prior to taking up entrepreneurship in 2009, he worked at Nyenrode Business University, Netherlands, National Institute of Technology, Warangal India and several other places. Over the course of his entrepreneurial journey, he has worked on several disruptive food chain projects in Europe, Asia and Africa. Specifically, in the area of food & agribusiness, he has been publishing, training and coaching on a range of topics that include, building robust food value chains of the future, go-to-market strategies, technology choice strategies and frameworks for addressing the food security. He has a PhD in supply chain management from Nyenrode Business University in the Netherlands.
Connect with Dr Vijayender here
Dr Vijayender will be accompanied by other expert facilitators. Review the team of Agribusiness Academy experts here