EXECUTIVE PROGRAMMESAction Learning: learn to act, act to learn
Certificate in Agribusiness Studies
Agribusiness Academy and Business School Netherlands are offering this unique 12- week learning experience aimed at improving the business management and leadership skills of professionals in the Agribusiness areas of farming, distribution, warehousing, processing and distribution.
The certificate in Agribusiness Studies is the ideal qualification as a starting point into further Agribusiness Studies such as a Mini-MBA or executive course. Students will learn about market trends in Agribusiness and how to build value chains to benefit from these trends. The programme also focuses on sustainability and Agritech innovations.
Features of the Certificate in Agribusiness Studies
- Taught in English
- Weekly online interactive sessions
- 10 Courses
- Gain valuable management and Agritech skills
- Part-time and online studying with a flexible timetable
- A background in Agribusiness or food security would be advantageous.
- Reliable internet and email access
The Certificate in Agribusiness Studies is delivered online over a 12 week period with weekly online live sessions. Students will have access to the Agribusiness Academy companion app and Q & A workshops to support their studies.
The recommended learning time per week is 3 – 5 hours
The Certificate in Agribusiness Studies is covers 10 courses:
- Course 1: Mastering the Global Market Realities in the Fresh Produce Industry
- Course 2: Mastering The Global Market Realities In Meat Industry
- Course 3: Changing The Game Of Food
- Course 4: Business Model Components
- Course 5: Developing A Business Model For A Snack Manufacturer
- Course 6: Risk And Recall Management In Food Supply Chains
- Course 7: Agribusiness Finance
- Course 8: Developments In Future (Novel) Foods
- Course 9: Beyond Big Data – The Case Of Digital Agriculture
- Course 10: The Dynamics Of Digital Agriculture
Students also have the opportunity to add optional courses to their programme:
- Food Value chains
- Novel Foods
- Food Sustainability
- Retail/consumer Developments
- Agribusiness Finance
- Food Processing Innovation
Students will have access to the Agribusiness Academy learning companion app which gives direct access to facilitators, the peer groups, as well as bonus learning content.
All credits obtained from this programme can be used for further studies in the Food and Agribusiness in a Digital Age programme
Scattered start dates are available throughout the year. Please enquire about availability
Online courses within the Food and Agribusiness Management program have been developed and taught by experts who are widely-recognized thought leaders, educators, researchers, and entrepreneurs.
Dr. Vijayender Nalla – Program Lead
Vijayender is the founder and managing director of Agribusiness Academy. Agribusiness Academy orchestrates on-demand training and innovation demands of professionals and students in food and agribusiness. Prior to taking up entrepreneurship in 2009, he worked at Nyenrode Business University, Netherlands, National Institute of Technology, Warangal India and several other places. Over the course of his entrepreneurial journey, he has worked on several disruptive food chain projects in Europe, Asia and Africa. Specifically, in the area of food & agribusiness, he has been publishing, training and coaching on a range of topics that include, building robust food value chains of the future, go-to-market strategies, technology choice strategies and frameworks for addressing the food security. He has a PhD in supply chain management from Nyenrode Business University in the Netherlands.
Connect with Dr Vijayender here
Dr Vijayender will be accompanied by other expert facilitators. Review the team of Agribusiness Academy experts here