Human Capital Development
Executive Management Education
The programme will be of immense value to anyone wishing to increase their understanding of the subject and improve the status of their organisations including Line managers in all departments, Supervisors of persons, interested persons and new employees to Human Resources Department.
This workshop will enable the student understand the conceptual framework of the key principles of Human Capital Development thus enhancing managerial effectiveness.
focus will be given to contemporary topics “hot topics” in this discipline, which have aroused widespread interest in the business environment, and the implications they have on the student’s organisation.
- Introduction to Human Capital Development
- Human Capital Planning
- Recruitment, Selection & Induction of staff
- Motivating and Developing People
- Performance Management Systems
- Power Relations
- Overview of Industrial Relations
- Alternative Work arrangements and more.
- Demonstration of understanding of the conceptual framework of Human Capital Development and ability to show how the elements of the framework support each other.
- Demonstration of knowledge of key theoretical concepts that underpins Human Capital Development practice
- Ability to critically assess the effectiveness of a Human Resource functions in an Organization.
- Understanding of the relationship between, and the different responsibilities of, Human Capital management and Line Management in creating healthy work environments.
- Understanding of the key human resource responsibilities of line management in maintaining healthy relationships with staff.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of key human resource instruments in the management of people in order to improve results –for example recruitment and selection methodologies, performance management methodologies, human resources planning techniques and grievance and disciplinary frameworks.
Project: Each registrant will complete an Action Learning Assignment (ALA) on a real challenge / problem in his field of responsibility or within own organisation.
Structure and Dates
Duration: Three (3) Days.
Course Fee: One Hundred and Fifty Thousand Naira Only (N150, 000)*.
Venue: 21, Sobo Arobiodu Street, G.R.A. Ikeja, Lagos.
Registration Deadline: 15th May, 2012.
Workshop Date: 22nd – 24th May, 2012.
Certification: Each participant will receive a certificate after his/her Action Learning Project (ALP) has been assessed and a pass mark attained.
* - The fee includes all tuition, lunches/tea-breaks, teaching equipment, course documentation, assignment assessment and couriering of certificates. Delegates are responsible for their own accommodation; however, the secretariat can relay delegate’s intention to the nearest hotel. Delegate’s places are not guaranteed until payment has been received.
Business School Netherlands
Action Learning Plaza
21 Sobo Arobiodu Street
Ikeja GRA Lagos 100271
Lagos T: +234 (0)1 774 8498
Abuja T: +234 (0)807 229 3318
or +234 (0)807 229 3320
Enter your name and phone number, we'll contact you as soon as possible.
Enter your name and phone number and you'll be contacted as soon as possible
Click the button below to request the brochure. The brochure can also be downloaded.