DBA International Programme
Sheffield Business School and Business School Netherlands are combining their strengths to offer the DBA International Programme.
DBA International Programme
The DBA International Programme is aimed at active managers and consultants who want to increase their work effectiveness and professional standing.
It combines the very practical orientation of Business School Netherlands with the research capabilities and resources of the Sheffield Business School.
You will be a part of an Action Learning Set. This is your core reference group. The constant interaction with peers and advisors results in an interplay between theory, experience and practical problems.
|DBA Phase||Phase 1||Phase 2||Phase 3||Phase 4|
|Duration||4 months||8 months||4 months||24 months|
Type of Assignment
Methodological Position Paper
Thesis Research Proposal
Thesis Research and Writing
*the above schedule only reflects the average duration of the DBA International programme (Typically four years is required to complete the DBA International Programme).
- Introduction to Action Learning
- Advanced Practice in Business and Management I
- 5 day training in Buren, The Netherlands
- Foundations and Design of Management Research -
- 5 day training in Sheffield, United Kingdom
- Advanced Practice in Business and Management II
- 6 day training in Prague, Czech Republic
- Thesis Research and Presentation in Buren or Sheffield
Factsheet DBA International Programme
- You have successfully completed an MBA or relevant Masters level programme.
- You have written and verbal fluency in English.
- TOEFL/ IELTS tests are compulsory for non-native speakers.
On completion of the programme you will:
- have made a contribution to theory and the practice of management;
- be capable of undertaking rigorous research in the field of business and management;
- have developed a broad understanding from multiple perspectives of business and management issues;
- be able to critically assess your own thinking and impact as a manager and become more effective in your work interactions;
- have developed an acute understanding of your speciality within the broader context of organisational and managerial action;
- have become a reflective practitioner with a scientific approach to management and organisational problems;
- recognise the strengths of group effort and have developed strong cooperative work habits.
Application and Start Date
1st July 2013
Application and Selection procedures
To discuss enrolment for this programme, please contact us.
The admissions committee will process the application within one month of its receipt and you will be informed by mail for your acceptance to the programme.
While specific questions need to be addressed to the Programme Managers at the offices of the two institutions, you are invited to visit our locations to get a feel for what we do and who we are.
Enter your name and phone number, we'll contact you as soon as possible.
Enter your name and phone number and you'll be contacted as soon as possible
Click the button below to request the brochure. The brochure can also be downloaded.